Now that I am turning a quarter century old, I feel like I need to do something special. So, inspired by the folks at Birthday Challenge, I’ve decided to come up with my own birthday challenge. Most people do something hardcore like run x miles and drink x beers and climb x pitches, where x is your new age, all in one day, but since I am a wimp I have decided to spread mine out over two and a half weeks. So, starting with my special birthday trip to Bishop this weekend for some bouldering, and ending on my real birthday (May 31), I am going to attempt to complete the following list:
1. Climb 25 boulder problems. Hopefully I will finish this one this weekend. I did 24 in a day for my 24th, but that was at Pine Mountain so it wasn’t too hard to find V0’s.
2. Run 25 miles. I know, some (OK, lots) of people can do this in a day or an afternoon or a couple of hours, but trust me, it will take me at least two weeks.
3. Bike 250 miles. Commuting counts- that should take care of 40 miles a week.
4. Walk 25 dogs at DAWG, the local dog rescue. I’m not sure they actually have that many different dogs so I am going to say repeats count.
5. Try 25 new foods. And this means totally new dishes, not just a burrito with a different type of salsa or something.
6. Learn to like coffee and stop sleeping so damn much.
Feel free to offer more suggestions for me. I will post my progress here!